DANIEL VICTOR. INTERVIEW.

Hello everyone, I'm proud to say that today I can share with all of you, one important interview that I made via email with an artist called Daniel Victor, that I had the pleasure to meet by instagram.

Here you have the interview. In D you will have the answers of Daniel Victor and in J you will my questions. There we go:


J: What is your name? Where are you from? and How old are you?

D: My name is Daniel Victor Batista, but I go by Daniel Victor. Originally from upstate NY, I now live in Brooklyn and am 23 years old. 



J: When did you start to listen music? when did you start to play it? Do you play any instrument or music programme?

D: I’ve been listening to music as long as I can remember. I was always listening to different kinds, so I appreciate all sorts of music. I started writing my own around 6th grade after learning more about poetry. I am currently working on learning piano more and getting into production so I can further develop my own sound. 

J: Have you got any past experience in the music world? Have you made any concert or participate in any festival?

D: Starting as a singer/rapper at my church a while back, I got more comfortable with performing in front of audiences and even briefly opened a Lecrae show with about 5,000 people in the crowd. That was incredible. I haven’t participated in any festivals yet but that’s on my list for sure.




J: In which musical genre would you classify your music? Do you like any musical genre? Which one is the best and the worst in your opinion?

D: I don’t believe in a “best” or “worst” genre. I think there’s a time and place for all kinds of music from Trance to Country to Heavy Metal. That being said, I tend to be more partial to HipHop and RnB. My music falls in that category. 

J: I saw you have 3 original singles in Spotify and 2 videoclips in youtube. Have you got in mind the production of an album? Are you developing any more song now?

D: I only have two songs on Spotify: “Better Days” and “When the Money Comes”. I’m not sure where the other one came from but that’s a glitch in the Spotify system. I am currently working on more singles at the moment, with hopes of generating enough interest to do an EP or a short album and get the ball rolling more. 


(photomontage made by me)


J:Is the music your hobby? or do you pretend to live of music?

D: My music is my passion. Ideally I get to a point where I can make music full-time. 

J: Which is your favourite artist? and Do yo have any musical reference in your life?

D: I love artists like J. Cole, Luke Christopher and Jon Bellion who have a part in every aspect of the creation process. I feel like my style fits somewhere in that mix. 

J: Which would be the dream of your life?

D: My dream life is to be able to live comfortably surrounded by family and friends that I love and care about. Life’s too short to not spend more time with the people you want to be around. 


J: Have you receive any formal music contract? If the answer is "yes", answer which one.

D:  I have been contacted by several agents/scouts but have not signed any form of contract. Honestly, at this point, I don’t really want to. 

J: Which would be the best achievement in your musical career?

D: I always had this dream of some kid somewhere telling their friends “oh wait I have the perfect song for this moment” and putting on one of my songs. While I might not be there to hear that, if it ever happens at some point, that’s a huge accomplishment for me. 

J: For the people that have never heard about you, which song would you recommend to them?

D: For those who have never heard of me or listened to my music, I’d recommend “Better Days” featuring my little sister, “v.”   That’s a great song that’s really honest about how I’m feeling at the moment. 


J: To know more about you. How many concerts or festivals have you gone? Which would be the best one you have attended?

D: I honestly have never been to a music festival haha. A goal of mine is to be performing at the first one I go to. Governors ball and Lollapalooza both look really fun. 

J: Tell me the first song that come to your head right now. Which one is the worst in your opinion?

D: Again, I can’t really think of any song as the “worst” since it’s another artist making something they’re passionate about (hopefully). But a song that’s been stuck in my head for a while is actually Chris Stapleton’s “Tennessee Whiskey”. It’s a great winding down song. Guys got a phenomenal voice. 

J: Which is the message do you want to send or give to the people who listen you?

D: My message is overall positivity. I want people to listen to my music and feel better about themselves and about the world. I don’t curse, use vulgarity or misogynist/sexist tones in my music and it still comes out awesome. I want to show people that you can have content in your music and still make it fun and meaningful to listen to. So many people listen to music daily, so if I can use this massive platform to spread positivity, that’s a win for me. 

** To anyone reading, feel free to follow me on Instagram ( @iamdanielvictor ) and to like the Facebook page (Facebook.com/danielvictormusic) and the SoundCloud (SoundCloud.com/danielvictormusic). All my current songs, and future ones, will be on Spotify if you look for Daniel Victor. My two recent singles “When the Money Comes” and “Better Days” are both on there and I will be adding more soon. Thanks so much for your time! 

So, that's everything, I really hope you enjoy the interview and really like to know closely Daniel Victor as I have made too. I hope the best to him. 

Comentarios