PERSONAL INTERVIEW @CHARLIELLO

These days I have been thinking about some sustancial changes in my blog and I decided to take it seriously making new projects, doing new interviews to known and unknown artists, interviewing people whose addiction is the same as mine. With these new changes I pretened to turn the brand "musicmyonlydrug" a new icon of current news in thhe music world and giving you a chance to know beyond your favourite bands and songs. So I hope you like it and enojoy this interview.

Today I have an special guest, Carlos whose musical taste is diverse and sofisticated. His repertory goes from Lana del rey to new bands as Portugal.the man, so here you have the interview and I hope you find something interesting.



1. What's your name? How old are you? and Where are you from?

- My name is Carlos, I am 22 years old and during the course I live in Madrid but I am from Alicante, the place where I used to be when the summer comes. Anyway I could say that I live between Alicante and Madrid

2. Do you like every genre in music? Have you got any favourite genre? Do you hate some genre?

- Obviously I don't like every kind of genre, everyone has his own musical filters. When I am listening music I am not really thinking which kind of genre it wwill be. Nevertheless I could not tell you which genre is the most listened from me because all seems a mix of pop-rock, rock, electro-rock or electro-pop, so I am really doubting. Also everyone knows that "alternative" genre that I'm not sure which is, but my genre would be in the mix that I've told. (...) I don't really hate any genre, but I am not in the mood of rap or hip-hop.


3. Which is your favourite artist? Why do you like him/her?

- I used to have one, but I feel like the music is...I feel that you look for the right song and the right artist depending on your state of mind. So telling you that I have a favourite artist is like telling you that I have a unique state of mind. Nevertheless I felt that Lana del Rey has been for a very long time next to me when I really needed her music. Maybe that could reflect that I have always been in touch with her music in a sentimental way. Perhaps this feeling is changing these days.



4. Which is your favourite song and why?

- This question is in my opinion related with the previous question, everything has its time, depending on your state of mind you can come back to the song that you could have been listening for years or in the following years you could refuse to listen it. In too many ocasions the songs reflect what you're feeling in that specific moment and I could have a favourite feeling. Nevertheless if I think correctly, the melancholic songs are used to being the most recurrent, for example: Born to die (Lana del Rey)...but my favourite song right now is Live the moment (Portugal.the man)


5. Which is your favourite videoclip? What do you like about it? Why?

- Okay, I try to think in some videoclip and despite the fact of trying to think in another one the only one that comes to my mind is Born to die. As I said this song is so melancholic and reflects so well the sadness and he fact that you are here to die and then...if you always have this thought in mind, you could the same attittude as Lana in the videoclip, I don't know. Also it has the road and the fact of having something that you will never have but you keep trying, but without desire.


6. One song that makes you feel happy and another that makes you feel sad.

- I don't know...the question is a little weird, because I'm saying that I choose the songs depending on my state of mind, so that song doesn't make you happy, but you chose that song to join with you. I guess that the "happy" song could be Froot (Marina and the Diamonds) , but it has a melancholic basement so... On the other hand the sad song could be Old money (Lana del Rey)


7. When do you usually listen to music?

- Whenever I can, for example when I'm with the laptop, when I go to the gym, sometimes in the subway, when I come back home and I have 5 hours of doing nothing in the bus and when I feel in love with a song, but there are so many time that I just lay in the bed and listen it.

8. Do you like concerts? Have you ever gone to one? Which one have you gone? Which one have been your favourite? and Why?

- Yes, of course I like them, but I haven't attended a lot. In my entire life I have gone to 5, Dover has been the most visited, but the most impactated concert has been the Amaral one, in summer of 2016. I liked because I had never been in one of Amaral and I was so excited after so many years.



9. Which artist (in your opinion) has the best live voice? Why?

- Sincerely, I don't know, there are a lot of artists with incredible voices. I can just talk about the artists that I have just seen and in my opinion, the best one is Amaral.


10. Which one would be the bar with the best live concerts and artists in your city?

- Sadly I've never attended to any bar or local disco where I could listen live concerts.

11. Would you like to make a music band or take part of one? If you take part of a band, which member will you be? and Why?

- Nowadays I'm not into any band and I don't play any instrument and, of course, I don't sing. Maybe I could learn to play the guitar or the bass...but I could never sing because I think you are born with that gift.

12.Which song in your opinion would sum up the 90's? And the 2000?

- The 90's song would be Torn (Natalie Imbruglia). I have always listened in Kiss FM (a music radio programme) when I was younger than now. Also a song that could sum up the 2000 could be...maybe is complicated, any Dover song. I was so fanatic of this rock band.


13. Tell me the name of a song that likes you a lot but you haven't already mencionated.

-Run for the cover - The Killers


14. Which song would be the last one that you have listened these last days?

- I have been listening a lot of song of a band called Portugal. The man, Live in the moment would be the most listened.


If you want to know anything more about Carlos, here I let you the links to his account of instagram: https://www.instagram.com/charliello/ and twitter: https://twitter.com/CharlieLLo

All the photos has been taken by me.



Comentarios